This post is a part of the “Cooking from a cook book using a single ingredient” theme at BM#26, hosted by Srivalli..
I chose Paneer (Cottage Cheese) and this is the main course dish for the same. I chose this recipe from “Microwave Recipes” by Nita Mehta. The garlic sauce was really amazing.. Due to my love for Chinese food, I tried this recipe and now am certainly more confident in trying out more Chinese dishes..
Preparation Time:- 5 mins | Cooking Time:- 15 mins | Serves:- 3-4 people
- 200 gms of Paneer cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 small capsicum chopped into small pieces
- 20 flakes garlic finely chopped/minced
- 2 dry red chillies broken
- 4 table spoon tomato ketchup
- 2 tea spoon red chilli sauce (green can also be used)
- 2 tea spoon soya sauce
- 1/2 tea spoon pepper (kali mirch)
- 1 tea spoon of salt
- pinch of sugar
- 2 tea spoon vinegar
- 1/4 tea spoon ajinomoto
- 1 and 1/2 cups water
- 3 tbsp cornflour mixed with 1/2 cup water
Put oil, garlic, red chilli bits, tomato ketchup, red chilli sauce, soya sauce, pepper and ajinomoto in a microwave dish. Mix well, microwave for 2 minutes.
Add water, salt, sugar and vinegar. Mix well, microwave for 6 minutes.
Add cornflour paste, microwave for 3 minutes. Mix.
At serving time, add paneer and capsicum to the sauce and microwave for 2 minutes. Mix well before serving.
- Serve hot with noodles/fried rice.