Me and my husband love bhindi (Lady Finger).. I generally cook a bhindi fry but for a change sometimes.. I stuff it up.. Trust me it is delicious..
Preparation Time:- 20 mins | Cooking Time:- 20 mins | Serves:- 2-3 people
- 250 gms Ladyfinger (Bhindi) washed properly and scrubbed
- 1 tbsp Besan (gram flour)
- 3-4 tbsp Oil
- 2 tsp Saunf (fennel seeds)
- 2 tsp Coriander powder (Dhaniya powder)
- 1/4 tsp Red Chili powder (lal mirch Powder)
- ½ tsp Turmeric (Haldi Powder)
- ½ tsp Amchur (Dry Mango Powder)
- ½ tsp Garam masala
- 1 inch piece Ginger (Adrak)
- A pinch of Hing (asafoetida)
- ½ tsp Jeera (cumin)
- To taste – Salt
Cut off the tops and tails of the bhindi and make an incision along the length. (Make sure that the bhindis are dried)
In a saucepan, heat 1 tbsp of oil. Add jeera and hing to this. Once the jeera starts crackling add the gram flour and sauté.
Add the other masalas together in a plate. Add all the mixed masalas to the gram flours and sauté for another minute.
Remove from heat. Once this mixture cools down a bit, stuff the bhindis with this masala.
In another saucepan heat 2 tbsp of oil. Put in the bhindis and turn very gently 3-4 times. Cover and cook over a medium flame for 5 minutes.Turn the Bhindis and cover and cook for another 2-3 minutes.Then take off the lid and cook the Bhindis over a high flame for a while.
- This goes well with hot chapatis/paranthas and curd or raita.