Bhindi (Ladyfinger), this is the first thing I cooked.. So this is special to me because I was hell scared to cook post marriage and when my husband said that it was perfect I did not dare change its recipe till date. 🙂
Preparation Time:- 10 mins | Cooking Time:– 1/2 hour | Serves:- 3-4 people
- 250 gms Ladyfinger (Bhindi) washed, strained and chopped in small pieces (1/2 inch)
- 1 large Onion chopped length wise
- 1 table spoon Mustard oil (Sarson ka tel)
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tea spoon Turmeric powder (Haldi Powder)
- 1/4 tea spoon red chilli powder (Lal Mirch powder)
- 2 tea spoon Coriander Powder (Dhania powder)
- 1 tea spoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 tea spoon garam masala
- 1 tea spoon Sour mango powder (Amchoor Powder)
Heat the mustard oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. Allow them to crackle.
Add the onions and fry them till they turn light brown in color. Now add the Coriander powder and fry for one minute.
Add the other masalas and mix properly. Now add the ladyfinger (bhindi) and mix gently so that all the pieces get folded in the masala.
Simmer the stove and allow close the lid for cooking for about 5 mins.
Now remove the lid and start frying the bhindi by mixing now and then. Continue till the bhindi becomes soft and also becomes a bit dark in color.
- Bhindi goes well with hot chapatis and curd.