Paneer is something that everyone likes.. There are many dishes that come out so well with paneer.. Shahi Paneer is something which is the most common and tasty dish..
I tried something different and added a new flavor to the dish which gave it a beautiful aroma and a lovely taste..
Preparation Time:- 15 mins | Cooking Time:- 1/2 hour | Serves:- 4-5 people
- 250 gms Fresh Paneer diced in small cubes
- 2 table spoon Oil/Ghee
- 2 tea spoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 2 -3 Medium Onions finely chopped or grated
- 2 Cloves (Laung)
- 1 Cinnamon (Dalchini)
- 1 Large Cardamom (Badi Elaichi)
- 1 Indian bay leaf dried (Tej Patta)
- 2-3 Medium Tomatoes grated
- 1 table spoon Ginger Garlic paste
- 3 tea spoons Coriander powder (Dhania Powder)
- 1 tea spoon of Turmeric powder (Haldi Powder)
- 1 tea spoon of Chilly powder (Lal mirch Powder)
- 1 tea spoon Garam Masala
- Salt to taste
- 1 table spoon Dried Fenugreek leaves (Kasturi Methi)
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup cream (Malai)
Heat the oil/ghee in a pan and add cumin seeds, Cloves, Cinnamon, Large Cardamom and Indian bay leaf dried to it. Allow them to crackle.
Add the onions to the oil and allow them to fry till they turn light brown in color. Now add the Coriander powder and fry for one minute.
Add the tomatoes, turmeric powder, chilly powder, garam masala, ginger garlic paste and salt. Keep frying the tomatoes till the oil separates out.
Now add the dried Fenugreek leaves and feel the aroma as it fills the kitchen.
Add the milk or cream while stirring continuously. Keep frying till the oil separates out.
Add the paneer diced as cubes to this masala. Fold the pieces gently in the same. Add some water to make some gravy. Bring to boil and voila its done.
Cover the dish for around 5-10 mins so that the paneer pieces can soak all the flavors.
- Garnish with some finely chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- Goes well with Lachha Parantha.
- If serving for a party, garnish with some fried Cashew (Kaju)