Breakfast is something that I am clueless on what to cook.. Besan ke chille comes to my rescue as the preparation for them is hardly there..
Preparation Time:- 5 mins | Cooking Time:– 1/2 hour | Serves:- 5-6 chille
- 1 cup Gram Flour (besan)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tea spoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi Powder)
- 1/2 tea spoon Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch powder)
- 1 medium Onion finely chopped
- 1 medium Radish (Mooli) grated (optional)
- 1 tea spoon Dried Fenugreek leaves (Kasturi Methi)
- 1 tea spoon Chaat Masala
- 1/2 tea spoon Garam Masala
- Ghee/oil to fry the chilla
Mix all the ingredients except ghee in a big mixing bowl. Add water to make a semi liquid batter. Make sure that there are no lumps in the batter.
Heat the tawa (non-stick can be used) and spray some oil on it first, to avoid the chilla from sticking to it.
Now using a big spoon spread some batter slowly on the tawa to give it a round shape. Spread the batter out evenly.
Put some oil at the sides of the chilla. When the color changes and some blisters appear on the showing side gently use the spatula to turn the chilla.
Put some oil on the second side also and gently press the corners to fry it properly from all the ends.
The chilla will become brownish like a parantha does when done.
- Serve hot with Green Dhaniya chutney (Coriander Leaves Chutney).
- Try it at tea time with a hot cup of tea and tomato ketchup.