On any rainy day, just try these amazing quick to make onion pakoras with a hot cup of tea. Serve overlooking the rains as they hit your balcony window…
Preparation Time:- 5 mins | Cooking Time:– 1/2 hour | Serves:- 4-5 people
- 1-1/2 cup Gram Flour (besan)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tea spoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi Powder)
- 1/2 tea spoon Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch powder)
- 1 large Onion chopped length wise
- 1 tea spoon Dried Fenugreek leaves (Kasturi Methi)
- 1 tea spoon Chaat Masala
- 1/2 tea spoon Garam Masala
- Oil to deep fry
Mix all the ingredients except oil in a big mixing bowl. Separate the onion rings using fingers. Add water to make a semi liquid batter. Make sure that there are no lumps in the batter.
Heat the oil in a pan for frying.After around 5 – 7 minutes when you feel that the oil has become hot test the same by putting a small drop of the batter in it. If the drop comes up to the surface it means that the oil is ready for frying.
Now take some onion covered in the batter in your fingers and drop it in the oil from one side. Make sure you just slide it from the side to avoid yourself from burning.
Likewise put some more pakoras in the pan. Simmer the gas to avoid them from burning and also so that they get cooked from inside as well.
Take a perforated spatula and separate out the pakoras from each other if they have started sticking. Fry them till they turn golden brown from all sides. Then remove them on a kitchen towel (tissue) to drain access oil.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala before serving.
- Serve hot with Green Dhaniya chutney (Coriander Leaves Chutney).
- Try it at tea time with a hot cup of tea and tomato ketchup.
- Add them to Kadhi and enjoy the same.