Pulav is something that comes to my recue when I don’t feel like cooking… It is easy to make and tastes lovely and is ready in almost no time…
Preparation Time:- 5 mins | Cooking Time:– 1/2 hour | Serves:- 3-4 people
- 1 glass Basmati Rice
- 2 medium sized Onions chopped length wise
- 1 cup Peas (Matar ke daane)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tea spoon Cumin seeds (Zeera)
- 1/2 tea spoon Coriander Powder (Dhaniya Powder)
- 1 tea spoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi Powder)
- 1/2 tea spoon Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch powder)
- 2 tea spoon Garam Masala
- 2 tea spoon Oil/Ghee
- 2 glass water
Wash the rice properly and soak the same for at least 20 mins before cooking.
Heat the oil in a cooker and add cumin seeds. Allow them to crackle.
Now add the chopped onions to it and fry them till they turn golden brown. Add the coriander powder and fry for one minute.
Now add the other masalas Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Garam Masala and Salt and mix.
Now add the peas (you can add other vegetables like potato, cauli-flower and carrot as well, but we like it only with peas 🙂 ). Mix well and add rice and mix properly.
Add the water and bring the pulav to boil.
Put on the lid of the cooker and wait for 2 whistles. Once the pressure dies, open the cooker and serve hot.
- Goes well with curd and pickle.
- Garnish with some Amul Butter.
- Coriander Leaves green chutney is a must try with Pulav.