After a day at office when you want to make something that does not take too long and also that does not makes you cry for onions :), try this Aaloo Gobhi. It hardly takes any time to cook and is a good option for dinner…
Preparation Time:- 5 mins | Cooking Time:– 20-25 mins | Serves:- 2-3 people
- 1 medium sized Cauliflower (Phool Gobhi) chopped as small florets
- 2-3 medium sized Potatoes (Aaloo) chopped in small cubes
- 1 table spoon Mustard oil (Sarson ka tel)
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tea spoon Turmeric powder (Haldi Powder)
- 1/4 tea spoon red chilli powder (Lal Mirch powder)
- 1 tea spoon Coriander Powder (Dhania powder)
- 1 tea spoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 and 1/2 tea spoon garam masala
- 1 tea spoon Dry Mango powder (Amchoor Powder)
Heat the mustard oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. Allow them to crackle.
Add the coriander powder, chilly powder, salt and turmeric powder to the oil. Now add the chopped gobhi & aaloo and mix gently so that everything gets folded in the masala properly.
Simmer the stove and add 1/2 cup of water. Mix again and cover the lid.
Allow the vegetables to cook in steam for about 15-20 minutes, by mixing in between. Once the water dries out and the gobhi gets soft sprinkle the garam masala and dry mango powder. Mix well.
- Aaloo Gobhi goes well with hot chapatis/paranthas and curd.
- Try to add a bit ghee before serving, it will change the taste of the dish.