There is a typical way to make dry aaloo sabzi as zeera aaloo, but that requires boiled aaloo. So here is one recipe that is a dish for dry potato which can go as a side dish with almost any gravy and is really quick to prepare. Next time you have guests at your place you can add this to the menu and prepare in just no time…
Preparation Time:- 5 mins | Cooking Time:– 10-15 mins | Serves:- 2-3 people
- 2-3 medium sized Potato (Aaloo)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tea spoon Cumin Seeds (Zeera)
- 1/2 tea spoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi Powder)
- 1/2 tea spoon Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch powder)
- 3 tea spoon Coriander Powder (Dhaniya powder)
- 2 tea spoon Garam Masala
- 1 tea spoon Dry Mango Powder (Amchur powder)
- 3 tea spoon Mustard Oil (Sarson ka tel)
Peel and chop the potatoes length wise as for french fries.
Heat the oil in a pan, and add cumin seeds to it and allow it to crackle.
Now add the coriander powder to the oil and let it cook for 1/2 minute. Add the other masala’s and then add the potatoes to it immediately.
Mix properly so that the masala’s cover the potatoes properly.
Now cover the pan and allow to cook for around 10 mins (till the potatoes becomes soft and are cooked), stir in middle.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala before serving.
- Serve hot along side of any gravy. (Goes really well with Kadhi Chawal)