My husband is not feeling well, and due to his soar throat is not able to eat much.. So I decided to prepare some soup for him… After spending some time on the internet looking for a good recipe, I could not stick to one… So just mixed up all the veggies I had in my refrigerator and some shell pasta.. and cooked them with a few herbs… This is what I did…
Preparation Time:- 10 mins | Cooking Time:– 1/2 hr | Serves:- 2 bowls of soup
- 1 handful of Pasta (I used Shell Pasta, though any can be used)
- 1 tea spoon Olive oil
- 4 cloves of Garlic grated (Lehsun)
- 1/2 inch of Ginger grated (Adrak)
- 1 medium Onion finely chopped length wise (Pyaz)
- 1 small Tomato finely chopped (Tamatar)
- 1/2 cup of Cauliflower Florets (Phool Gobhi)
- 1/2 cup Spinach finely chopped (Palak)
- 2 button Mushrooms finely diced
- Salt to taste
- 2 tea spoon Pepper Powder
- 1 tea spoon Dried Basil leaves
- 1 tea spoon Oregano
- 1 table spoon Soya Sauce
- 2 Soup Bowls of water
- 1 pinch of Cornflour
Boil the pasta as per instructions on the packet and keep it aside.
In a pan, heat the oil and saute the ginger, garlic and onions for around 2 minutes.
Add in all the chopped veggies, tomatoes, cauliflower, mushrooms and spinach. (Any other vegetable like carrot, beans, broccoli.. can also be used…) Mix well and add the 2 soup bowl full of water.
Bring his water to boil and now add the salt, pepper, basil and oregano. Add the boiled pasta.
Mix the cornflour in spoonful of water and mix it in the soup. This will add some thickness to the soup it will not be real watery.
Let the soup cook for around 25 mins, till the veggies become soft.
Now add the soya sauce and mix well.
- Serve hot.. You can add a hint of vinegar to get that tangy taste.
Sending this recipe to: