When I was taking pictures for this curry, my husband was like are you going to post this also… then maybe you should make a new category of “Food for ill people”… And after having the curry he said this was the best Lauki ki Sabzi I have ever had..:)
Preparation Time:- 5 mins | Cooking Time:- 1/2 hour | Serves:- 2 people
- 1 and 1/2 cup Bottle Gourd chopped as cubes (Lauki)
- 1 medium sized Onions finely chopped
- 1 medium sized Tomato finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 tea spoon Cumin seeds (Zeera)
- A pinch of Asfoedatia (Hing)
- 1 tea spoon Coriander Powder (Dhaniya Powder)
- 1/2 tea spoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi Powder)
- 1/2 tea spoon Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch powder)
- 1/2 tea spoon Garam Masala
- 1 tea spoon Ghee
Heat the ghee in a cooker and add asfoedatia and cumin seeds. Allow them to crackle.
Now add the chopped onions to it and fry them till they turn golden brown. Add the coriander powder and fry for one minute.
Now add the other masalas Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Garam Masala and Salt and mix. Then add the tomatoes and sauté.
You can add some water around 2 table spoons to cook the tomatoes properly. Cook till the oil separates out and then add the chopped bottle gourd. Fold them properly in the tomato gravy and then add half a cup of water so that the gourd are submerged.
Put on the lid of the cooker and wait for 2 whistles. Then simmer the gas and wait for one more whistle. Once the pressure dies, open the cooker and mix the gravy.
- Garnish with finely chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- Try it with hot chapatis.