Yesterday, being a holiday, in the middle of the week… you ought to be lazy… After a great breakfast at Parthiv’s home, a tummy full of dosas, we got hungry only at around 4 in the evening… I was in no mood to prepare a full fledged meal… So we both settled with quick fried rice… (since I had some boiled rice in my refrigerator 🙂 )
Preparation Time:- 5 mins | Cooking Time:– 20 mins | Serves:- 2 people
- 2 cups of Boiled long grain rice cooled down (Basmati Chawal)
- 1 medium sized Onions finely chopped
- 1 medium sized Capsicum finely chopped
- 2 table spoon Boiled or Frozen Peas
- 1 table spoon Ginger Garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tea spoon Pepper Powder (Kali Mirch)
- 1 table spoon Vinegar
- 1/2 table spoon Chilly Sauce
- 1/4 tea spoon Ajinomoto
- 1 and 1/2 table spoon Soya Sauce
- 2 tea spoon Oil
Heat the oil in a non stick wok and add the chopped onions. Allow them to fry till they turn translucent.
Now add the ginger garlic paste and capsicum. Fry for around two minutes.
Now add the vegetables, I only had peas at home so added only them, you can add finely diced carrots, beans, spring onions, cabbage, mushrooms…
Cook till for another 2-3 minutes. Let the vegetables be crispy.
Add the salt, pepper and ajinomoto. Do not add too much salt because the soya sauce is also salty. Mix.
Now add the rice, and the sauces, vinegar, soya sauce & chilly sauce. Mix well. (If you want a darker color to the rice, mix more of soya sauce)
Fry for another 2-3 minutes, the rice will become a bit crisp.
- Serve hot with Tomato Ketchup.
- Garnish with finely chopped spring onion greens.
Sending this recipe to: