Jai Mata Di..!!
Another quick to make recipe for the fasts… Loved the flavors and the beautiful colors that came up..:)
Preparation Time:- 10mins | Cooking Time:– 1/2 hour | Serves:- 2 people
- 1-1/2 cup Sago (Sabudana)
- 1 medium Potato finely chopped
- 2 table spoon Peanuts
- 2-3 leaves of Curry Leaves (Kari Patta)
- Rock Salt to taste
- 1 tea spoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1/2 tea spoon Pepper Powder (Kali Mirch Powder)
- 1 tea spoon Coriander Powder (Dhaniya Powder)
- 1 table spoon oil
- half lemon juice
Wash the sabudana and soak it in water for about 3 hrs. Then drain the water completely. Separate out the sabudana using hands or fork if it sticks to each other. Leave it in a strainer for around half an hour to ensure no water is left. If required spread it on a tissue paper.
Heat the oil and fry the peanuts and potato till they turn brownish in color.
Now remove them from the oil and keep separately. To the oil add the cumin seeds and kari patta, allow it to splatter.
Add the potatoes and peanuts fried earlier.
Now add the sabudana and mix properly. Add the lemon juice and mix again.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves chopped finely.
- Try it at tea time with a hot cup of tea.
- You can add onions and other vegetables also if not eating for fasting.