With nice cauliflower in market… I had to try something different with it… So here comes Gobhi Masala… It came out really tangy and yummy..
Preparation Time:- 15 mins | Cooking Time:– 1/2 hour | Serves:- 3 people
- 1 big Cauliflower chopped in small florets
- 3 medium sized Onions finely chopped or grated
- 3 medium sized Tomatoes gravy
- 1 table spoon Ginger Garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tea spoon Cumin seeds (Zeera)
- 2 tea spoon Coriander Powder (Dhaniya Powder)
- 1/2 tea spoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi Powder)
- 1/2 tea spoon Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch powder)
- 2 tea spoon Garam Masala
- 1/2 tea spoon Cumin Powder (Zeera Powder)
- 2 tea spoon Oil/Ghee
Heat the oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. Allow them to crackle.
Now add the chopped/grated onions to it and fry them till they turn golden brown. Add the coriander powder and fry for one minute.
Now add the other masalas Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder, garam masala, cumin powder and Salt and mix. Then add the tomatoes and ginger garlic paste and sauté.
Cook till the oil separates out. Add the chopped cauliflower to the masala, and fold them properly in the masala.
Cover the pan with a tight lid and allow the cauliflower to cook in steam. It will take around 15 mins to get cooked properly. Stir in between. Do not overcook as the cauliflower may get mashed. The masala will stick properly to the florets and the cauliflower will get soft.
- Garnish with finely chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- Try it with hot chapatis or paranthas.
Sending this recipe to: