Time for some healthy chillas… Sprouts and Fenugreek what a healthy combo.. 🙂
Reference: Recipe by Tarla Dalal
Preparation Time:- 5 mins | Cooking Time:– 1/2 hour | Serves:- 5-6 chille
- 1 cup sprouted moong (whole green gram)
- 1/2 cup chopped fenugreek (methi) leaves
- 1 table spoon Gram Flour (besan)
- Salt to taste
- 1 inch piece Ginger (Adrak)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 2 pinches of asafoetida (hing)
- Ghee/oil to fry the chilla
- 1 Green Chilly (Hari Mirch)
Combine the moong sprouts,green chillies,ginger and 1/2 cup water and grind into a smooth batter.
Add the fenugreek leaves,besan and salt and mix well. keep aside.
Heat the 1/2 tea spoon oil,add the asafoetida and cumin seeds and allow the seeds to crackle. The tempering is ready.
Pour the tempering over the batter and mix well.
Heat the tawa (non-stick can be used) and spray some oil on it first, to avoid the chilla from sticking to it.
Now using a big spoon spread some batter slowly on the tawa to give it a round shape. Spread the batter out evenly.
Put some oil at the sides of the chilla. When the color changes and some blisters appear on the showing side gently use the spatula to turn the chilla.
Put some oil on the second side also and gently press the corners to fry it properly from all the ends.
The chilla will become brownish like a parantha does when done.
- Serve hot with Green Dhaniya chutney (Coriander Leaves Chutney).
- Try it at tea time with a hot cup of tea and tomato ketchup.
Sending this recipe to: