When running late for office and still tiffin needs to be prepared, gajar matar comes as a life savior.. A simple dish yet a yummy one.. And with the red carrots hitting the market, it is a must try… 🙂
Preparation Time:- 10 mins | Cooking Time:– 15 mins | Serves:- 2-3 people
- 3 medium sized Carrots (Gajar) chopped as small cubes
- 1 cup peas
- 1 table spoon Mustard oil (Sarson ka tel)
- salt to taste
- 1 tea spoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1/2 tea spoon Turmeric powder (Haldi Powder)
- 1/4 tea spoon red chilli powder (Lal Mirch powder)
- 1 tea spoon Dry mango powder (Amchoor Powder)
- 1 tea spoon Garam Masala
Heat the mustard oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. Allow them to crackle.
Add salt, turmeric powder, chilly powder and then add the chopped carrot and peas, mix properly.
Add 1/2 cup of water, and close the lid of the pan. Allow the vegetables to cook in the steam.
Once the vegetables are cooked, sprinkle the garam masala, and dry mango powder and mix properly.
Allow to cook till the remaining water dries out and mix occasionally.
- Gajar Matar goes well with hot chapatis and curd.
- Top it up with some ghee, and feel the difference in taste.
Sending this to: