I am hooked to south Indian dosas.. I just love them.. I make dosas every now and then.. but wadas is something new for me.. Thanks to Divya’s SNC Event that I came across this recipe.. Also thanks to Kuks Kitchen for the fabulous recipe.
Preparation Time:- 10 mins (apart from overnight soaking) | Cooking Time:– 15 mins | Serves:- 8 pieces
- 1 cup Urad Dal
- 1 finely chopped Green chilly
- 1 table spoon finely chopped Curry Leaves (Kari Patta)
- 1 small sized Onion Finaly chopped
- 1 tea spoon Pepper Powder (Kali Mirch Powder)
- a pinch of Asafoetida (Hing)
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- Oil to deep fry
Coarsely grind the rinsed dal with green chillies.
Add very little water if required.
Heat oil for deep frying.
Take the grinded paste out in a bowl, add the pepper, salt, Asafoetida, onion and mix well.
Wet the palm of your hands and take a ping pong size ball of the mixture in your hand.
Give it a proper shape and make a hole in it. Drop it in the oil carefully.
Fry till it turns nice golden in color. Fry on sim stove to make sure it gets cooked from inside as well.
- Serve hot with Chutney or Sambar or both.