Friday night & guests at my place.. I usually work from home on fridays, since have lots and lots of things to take care of at office.. My husband, thought since I am working from home he can invite some guests for dinner..
So now with some mess at office I ended up cooking with my laptop in the kitchen… Saurabh had to help me all the time.. He did all the vegetables chopping so that I just need to cook it and saves me time.. 🙂
Preparation Time:- 10 mins | Cooking Time:- 1 and 1/2 hour | Serves:- 4 people
- 1 kg Fresh tomatoes roughly chopped
- 1 red carrot sliced
- 1 table spoon Oil/Ghee
- 2 Cloves (Laung)
- 1 Cinnamon (Dalchini)
- 1 Large Cardamom (Badi Elaichi)
- 1 Indian bay leaf dried (Tej Patta)
- 5-6 Garlic buds chopped (Lehsun)
- 1/2 inch of Ginger chopped (Adrak)
- 1 tea spoon of Chilly powder (Lal mirch Powder)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tea spoon Pepper (Kali Mirch Powder)
- 2 table spoon All Purpose Flour (Maida)
Heat the oil/ghee in a pan and add Maida to it. Let the maida fry till it changes color.
Now add Cloves, Cinnamon, Large Cardamom, Indian bay leaf dried, ginger and garlic to it. Allow them to crackle.
Add the tomatoes, carrot, chilly powder, pepper and salt. Mix properly.
Add 5 bowls of water, and bring to boil.
Let the soup cook for another 1 and half half on sim gas. Stir in between at regular intervals.
Take an iron sieve and strain the soup. Using the ladle press the tomatoes properly to squeeze out the remaining juice in the tomatoes.
Once, you are sure all the juices are removed, (It will be thickish) take the strained liquid and brig it to boil. Soup is ready.
- Garnish with some finely chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve with bread crumbs.
Sending this to Cooking with love – Spouse