Yayyyy my 100th post.. 🙂
Aaloo Bhajiya, a very easy dish and a great accompaniment for rice.. We love to have it along with dal chawal.. Do try the same as it hardly takes any time or effort.. 🙂
Preparation Time:- 5 mins | Cooking Time:– 10-15 mins | Serves:- 2-3 people
- 2-3 medium sized Potato (Aaloo)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tea spoon Cumin Seeds (Zeera)
- 1/2 tea spoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi Powder)
- 1/2 tea spoon Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch powder)
- 2 table spoon Mustard Oil (Sarson ka tel)
Peel and chop the potatoes in really small cubes.
Heat the oil in a pan, and add cumin seeds to it and allow it to crackle.
Now add the red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt and then add the potatoes to it immediately.
Mix properly so that the masala’s cover the potatoes properly.
Now cover the pan and allow to cook for around 10 mins (till the potatoes becomes soft and are cooked), stir in middle.
Now cook uncevered for another 5 mins. This is to add some crispiness to the potatoes.
- Serve hot along side of any gravy. (Goes really well with Kadhi Chawal & dal chawal)