Leftover rice at home.. This is the fastest and a very tasty recipe to utilize all the rice.. My mom used to make it every time some rice was left.. I have been eating this since I was a child.. 🙂
Preparation Time:- 5 mins | Cooking Time:– 10 mins | Serves:- 2 people
- 1 cup Leftover cooked Rice
- Salt to taste
- 1 medium Onion sliced
- 1 tea spoon oil/ghee
- 1/2 tea spoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 tea spoon Red Chilly Powder (Lal Mirch)
- 1/2 tea spoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
Heat the oil in a pan, and add the cumin seeds. Allow them to crackle.
Add the onions and fry them till they turn golden brown.
Now add the salt, haldi and mirch powder and then the cooked rice. Mix well and fry for around 5 minutes.
Garnish with some fresh coriander leaves.
- Try it for lunch or dinner with curd.
Sending this recipe to: