I love love love winters.. With winters we get the beautiful red carrots which are a part of anything I cook now-a-days.. And the fresh peas.. Nothing like them.. Now this recipe is purely to be made when you have both of these.. because it is not the same taste with the orange carrots and the frozen peas..
Preparation Time:- 5 mins | Cooking Time:– 20-25 mins | Serves:- 2-3 people
- 2 cups Carrot (Gajar) chopped in small cubes
- 1 cup Peas (Matar)
- 1 table spoon Mustard oil (Sarson ka tel)
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tea spoon Turmeric powder (Haldi Powder)
- 1/4 tea spoon red chilli powder (Lal Mirch powder)
- 1 tea spoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 & 1/2 tea spoon garam masala
- 1 tea spoon Dry Mango powder (Amchoor Powder)
Heat the mustard oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. Allow them to crackle.
Add the chilly powder, salt and turmeric powder to the oil. Now add the chopped vegetables and mix gently so that everything gets folded in the masala properly.
Simmer the stove and add 1/2 cup of water. Mix again and cover the lid.
Allow the vegetables to cook in steam for about 15-20 minutes, by mixing in between. Once the water dries out and the veggies gets soft sprinkle the garam masala and dry mango powder. Mix well.
- Gajar Matar goes well with hot chapatis/paranthas and curd.
- Try to add a bit ghee before serving, it will change the taste of the dish.
Sending this to: