Friday night & guests at my place.. I usually work from home on fridays, since have lots and lots of things to take care of at office.. My husband, thought since I am working from home he can invite some guests for dinner..
So now with some mess at office I ended up cooking with my laptop in the kitchen… Saurabh had to help me all the time.. He did all the vegetables chopping so that I just need to cook it and saves me time.. 🙂
Preparation Time:- 10 mins | Cooking Time:- 1 and 1/2 hour | Serves:- 4 people
- 1 kg Fresh tomatoes roughly chopped
- 1 red carrot sliced
- 1 table spoon Oil/Ghee
- 2 Cloves (Laung)
- 1 Cinnamon (Dalchini)
- 1 Large Cardamom (Badi Elaichi)
- 1 Indian bay leaf dried (Tej Patta)
- 5-6 Garlic buds chopped (Lehsun)
- 1/2 inch of Ginger chopped (Adrak)
- 1 tea spoon of Chilly powder (Lal mirch Powder)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tea spoon Pepper (Kali Mirch Powder)
- 2 table spoon All Purpose Flour (Maida)
Heat the oil/ghee in a pan and add Maida to it. Let the maida fry till it changes color.
Now add Cloves, Cinnamon, Large Cardamom, Indian bay leaf dried, ginger and garlic to it. Allow them to crackle.
Add the tomatoes, carrot, chilly powder, pepper and salt. Mix properly.
Add 5 bowls of water, and bring to boil.
Let the soup cook for another 1 and half half on sim gas. Stir in between at regular intervals.
Take an iron sieve and strain the soup. Using the ladle press the tomatoes properly to squeeze out the remaining juice in the tomatoes.
Once, you are sure all the juices are removed, (It will be thickish) take the strained liquid and brig it to boil. Soup is ready.
- Garnish with some finely chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve with bread crumbs.
Sending this to Cooking with love – Spouse
My husband is not feeling well, and due to his soar throat is not able to eat much.. So I decided to prepare some soup for him… After spending some time on the internet looking for a good recipe, I could not stick to one… So just mixed up all the veggies I had in my refrigerator and some shell pasta.. and cooked them with a few herbs… This is what I did…
Preparation Time:- 10 mins | Cooking Time:– 1/2 hr | Serves:- 2 bowls of soup
- 1 handful of Pasta (I used Shell Pasta, though any can be used)
- 1 tea spoon Olive oil
- 4 cloves of Garlic grated (Lehsun)
- 1/2 inch of Ginger grated (Adrak)
- 1 medium Onion finely chopped length wise (Pyaz)
- 1 small Tomato finely chopped (Tamatar)
- 1/2 cup of Cauliflower Florets (Phool Gobhi)
- 1/2 cup Spinach finely chopped (Palak)
- 2 button Mushrooms finely diced
- Salt to taste
- 2 tea spoon Pepper Powder
- 1 tea spoon Dried Basil leaves
- 1 tea spoon Oregano
- 1 table spoon Soya Sauce
- 2 Soup Bowls of water
- 1 pinch of Cornflour
Boil the pasta as per instructions on the packet and keep it aside.
In a pan, heat the oil and saute the ginger, garlic and onions for around 2 minutes.
Add in all the chopped veggies, tomatoes, cauliflower, mushrooms and spinach. (Any other vegetable like carrot, beans, broccoli.. can also be used…) Mix well and add the 2 soup bowl full of water.
Bring his water to boil and now add the salt, pepper, basil and oregano. Add the boiled pasta.
Mix the cornflour in spoonful of water and mix it in the soup. This will add some thickness to the soup it will not be real watery.
Let the soup cook for around 25 mins, till the veggies become soft.
Now add the soya sauce and mix well.
- Serve hot.. You can add a hint of vinegar to get that tangy taste.
Sending this recipe to:
Lets Cook Soup Event
FAST FOOD EVENT – PASTA FOR THE MONTH OF SEPEMBER