Jai Mata Di..!!
When you are really hungry and just don’t want to spend too much time cooking, and the energy levels are so low that just want to have something and crash in bed.. Sama ke Chawal is your option… I can seriously stay on these for the entire Navratri… They donot get heavy and is a hassle free dish.. So sharing with all of you who are fasting the entire Navratris..:)
Preparation Time:- 2 mins | Cooking Time:– 15-20 mins | Serves:- 2 people
- 1 cup Barnyard millet (Sama ke Chawal)
- 1 medium Potato chopped finely as thin cubes
- Rock Salt to taste (Sendha Namak) will be used a bit more than the normal salt
- 1 tea spoon Black Pepper Powder (Kali Mirch Powder)
- 1 tea spoon Ghee
- 1 tea spoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1/2 tea spoon Coriander Powder (Dhaniya Powder)
- 3 cups water
- Some fresh Coriander Leaves finely chopped (Dhaniya Patti)
Wash the Sama ke Chawal properly.
Heat the ghee in a cooker and add cumin seeds and allow them to crackle.
Now add the chopped Potatoes and the salt, coriander powder & pepper. You can also add some chopped green chillies if you like it spicy.
Now add the washed Sama ke Chawal and all the water.
Give it a good stir, so that the ingredients are mixed properly.
Put on the lid of the cooker and wait for 2 whistles. Then simmer the gas and wait for another whistle.
Once the pressure dies, open the cooker. Add the chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Serve hot with Curd (Add sugar to curd if you like it sweet.. 🙂 )
Sending this recipe to Navrathri 2012 Event and A Give Away