Another quick to make breakfast dish is Poha… It is a good, light & healthy dish… Do try it out…
Preparation Time:- 5 mins | Cooking Time:– 1/2 hour | Serves:- 2-3 people
- 1-1/2 cup Flattened Rice (Poha)
- 1 medium Onion finely chopped
- 1 medium Potato finely chopped
- 2 table spoon Peanuts
- 1 tea spoon Mustard seeds (sarson ke daane)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tea spoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi Powder)
- 1/2 tea spoon Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch powder)
- 1 table spoon oil
- half lemon juice
Wash the poha and drain the water from it completely. Separate out the poha using hands if it sticks to each other.
Heat the oil and fry the peanuts and potato till they turn brownish in color.
Now remove them from the oil and keep separately. To the oil add the mustard seeds and allow it to splatter. Now add the chopped onions and fry them till golden brown.
To the onions add salt, turmeric powder and chilli powder and mix well. Add the potatoes and peanuts fried earlier.
Now add the poha and mix properly. Add the lemon juice and mix again. (If you don’t have a lemon chaat masala can be sprinkled)
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves chopped finely.
- Try it at tea time with a hot cup of tea.
- You can top it with Haldiram’s Aaloo Bhujiya.