Leftover rice at home.. This is the fastest and a very tasty recipe to utilize all the rice.. My mom used to make it every time some rice was left.. I have been eating this since I was a child.. 🙂
Preparation Time:- 5 mins | Cooking Time:– 10 mins | Serves:- 2 people
- 1 cup Leftover cooked Rice
- Salt to taste
- 1 medium Onion sliced
- 1 tea spoon oil/ghee
- 1/2 tea spoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 tea spoon Red Chilly Powder (Lal Mirch)
- 1/2 tea spoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
Heat the oil in a pan, and add the cumin seeds. Allow them to crackle.
Add the onions and fry them till they turn golden brown.
Now add the salt, haldi and mirch powder and then the cooked rice. Mix well and fry for around 5 minutes.
Garnish with some fresh coriander leaves.
- Try it for lunch or dinner with curd.
Yesterday, being a holiday, in the middle of the week… you ought to be lazy… After a great breakfast at Parthiv’s home, a tummy full of dosas, we got hungry only at around 4 in the evening… I was in no mood to prepare a full fledged meal… So we both settled with quick fried rice… (since I had some boiled rice in my refrigerator 🙂 )
Preparation Time:- 5 mins | Cooking Time:– 20 mins | Serves:- 2 people
- 2 cups of Boiled long grain rice cooled down (Basmati Chawal)
- 1 medium sized Onions finely chopped
- 1 medium sized Capsicum finely chopped
- 2 table spoon Boiled or Frozen Peas
- 1 table spoon Ginger Garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tea spoon Pepper Powder (Kali Mirch)
- 1 table spoon Vinegar
- 1/2 table spoon Chilly Sauce
- 1/4 tea spoon Ajinomoto
- 1 and 1/2 table spoon Soya Sauce
- 2 tea spoon Oil
Heat the oil in a non stick wok and add the chopped onions. Allow them to fry till they turn translucent.
Now add the ginger garlic paste and capsicum. Fry for around two minutes.
Now add the vegetables, I only had peas at home so added only them, you can add finely diced carrots, beans, spring onions, cabbage, mushrooms…
Cook till for another 2-3 minutes. Let the vegetables be crispy.
Add the salt, pepper and ajinomoto. Do not add too much salt because the soya sauce is also salty. Mix.
Now add the rice, and the sauces, vinegar, soya sauce & chilly sauce. Mix well. (If you want a darker color to the rice, mix more of soya sauce)
Fry for another 2-3 minutes, the rice will become a bit crisp.
- Serve hot with Tomato Ketchup.
- Garnish with finely chopped spring onion greens.
Sending this recipe to:
Healthy Food for Healthy Kids-Combo Meal Event & Nithus Main Event
Celebrating 4 years with Kid’s Delight Potluck Party