Jai Mata Di…!!!
Today being the first day of fasting for Navratri.. I wish all you lovely people Happy Navratri… My husband was also fasting with me today… He says he will be fasting for the first and last Navratri.. so I prepared Kuttu Ke Pakore… 🙂
Preparation Time:- 5 mins | Cooking Time:– 1/2 hour | Serves:- 2 people
- 1-1/2 cup Buckwheat Flour (kuttu ka atta)
- 3 medium sized Potatoes (Chopped finely as thin cubes)
- Rock Salt to taste (Sendha Namak) (We need to use this more than the normal salt)
- 1/2 tea spoon Coriander Powder (DhaniyaPowder)
- 1/2 tea spoon Black Pepper Powder (Kali Mirch powder)
- Oil to deep fry
Mix all the ingredients except oil in a big mixing bowl. Add water to make a semi liquid batter. Make sure that there are no lumps in the batter.
Heat the oil in a pan for frying.After around 5 – 7 minutes when you feel that the oil has become hot test the same by putting a small drop of the batter in it. If the drop comes up to the surface it means that the oil is ready for frying.
Now take some potatoes covered in the batter in your fingers and drop it in the oil from one side. Make sure you just slide it from the side to avoid yourself from burning.
Likewise put some more pakoras in the pan. Simmer the gas to avoid them from burning and also so that they get cooked from inside as well.
Take a perforated spatula and separate out the pakoras from each other if they have started sticking. Fry them till they turn golden brown from all sides. Then remove them on a kitchen towel (tissue) to drain access oil.
- Serve hot with Curd. (Add sugar to the curd if you like it that way 🙂 )
Sending this recipe to: