I am having some tuft time everyday to decide what to cook these days.. I don’t know for some reasons I am unable to figure out which vegetable to prepare.. So recently I end up making a lot of paneer.. Matar paneer is an all time favorite i any household..
Preparation Time:- 15 mins | Cooking Time:- 1/2 hour | Serves:- 4-5 people
- 200 gms Fresh Paneer diced in small cubes
- 1 cup frozen or boiled peas (matar)
- 2 table spoon Oil/Ghee
- 2 tea spoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 2 -3 Medium Onions finely chopped or grated
- 2-3 Medium Tomatoes grated
- 1 table spoon Ginger Garlic paste
- 3 tea spoons Coriander powder (Dhania Powder)
- 1 tea spoon of Turmeric powder (Haldi Powder)
- 1 tea spoon of Chilly powder (Lal mirch Powder)
- 1 tea spoon Garam Masala
- Salt to taste
Heat the oil/ghee in a pan and add cumin seeds to it. Allow them to crackle.
Add the onions to the oil and allow them to fry till they turn light brown in color. Now add the Coriander powder and fry for one minute.
Add the tomatoes, turmeric powder, chilly powder, garam masala, ginger garlic paste and salt. Keep frying the tomatoes till the oil separates out.
Add the peas and paneer diced as cubes to this masala. Fold the pieces gently in the same. Add some water to make some gravy. Bring to boil and voila its done.
Cover the dish for around 5-10 mins so that the paneer pieces can soak all the flavors.
- Garnish with some finely chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- Goes well with Lachha Parantha.
- If serving for a party, garnish with some fried Cashew (Kaju)
Sending this recipe to: