Saturday, time to try out something new… as we had to be at home the entire day… was getting a bit bored.. so I started on looking at a recipe for Biryani… Me and my husband love Biryani… I just mixed two recipes and ended up in something superb, and in no time at all… So here is what you have to do for a Jhatpat Subz Biryani…
Preparation Time:- 15 mins | Cooking Time:– 20 mins | Serves:- 3-4 people
- 2 cups of long grain rice (Basmati Chawal) soaked for 20 mins
- 1 medium sized Onions finely chopped length wise
- 3/4 tea spoon Ginger paste
- 2 tea spoon Garlic Paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tea spoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 tea spoon Red Chilly Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)
- 1 Bay Leaf (Taj Patta)
- 4 table spoon Oil/Ghee
- 1 medium sized Potato diced as cubes
- 1 small Carrot diced as cubes
- 7-8 French Beans chopped as 3/4 inch pieces
- 4-5 Cauliflower florets broken into very small florets
- 2 table spoon Boiled or Frozen Peas
- 1 medium tomato puree
- 1 lemon juice
- 5-6 Saffron Strands soaked in about 2 table spoons of water
- 1/2 cup Curd (Dahi)
For Biryani Masala:
- 4-5 pepper corns (Kali Mirch)
- 2 green Cardamom (Choti Elaichi)
- 1 inch Cinnamon (Dal Chini)
- 2 Cloves (Laung)
- 1/2 tea spoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
For Rice, boil about 10 cups of water and add the rice to it, with 2 tea spoon of salt. Boil the rice till they are par boiled. Drain the water and spread the rice on a big tray to cool down a bit. Use a fork to spread the rice properly.
Now take all the vegetables like carrot, peas, potato & cauliflower and boil them with a half of the lemon juice. Strain the vegetables once they are cooked.
For the Biryani Masala grind all the masalas mentioned, pepper corns, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and cumin seeds together. You can also use some market product of Shahi Biryani Masala instead.
Heat the oil in a pan and add the bay leaf and onions to it. Fry the onions till golden brown.
Now add the ginger & garlic paste. Mix well. Now add the beans and cook them till half cooked. Sprinkle some water if required.
Now add the boiled vegetables, and mix properly. Add 2 tea spoons of the biryani masala and mix it properly. Cook for 4-5 mins.
Add the pureed tomatoes, turmeric powder, salt and chilly powder. Cook for 2 mins.
Stir in the curd to the vegetables. Fold the vegetables properly in the curd. Cook for 2 mins.
Add the boiled rice to this masala. Add the remaining lemon juice and the saffron.
Mix properly and serve hot.
- Serve hot with some raita.
Sending this recipe to: