I have always made Palak Paneer using my Mom’s style (similar to Corn Palak by replacing Corn with Paneer)… Then I had this version of Palak Paneer at two places, basically at two of ours friends homes.. Nisha our neighbor first then Pallavi .. We simply loved it.. So next when I was to make Palak Paneer I asked my husband which version do you want to have.. and he was like try out the other one.. 🙂 So here I am with this really delightful Palak Paneer recipe..
Preparation Time:- 15 mins | Cooking Time:– 1/2 hour | Serves:- 3 people
- 3 cups Spinach roughly chopped and washed properly
- 1 cup Paneer chopped in cubes (Cottage Cheese)
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped/grated
- 1 medium sized tomato grated
- 1 tea spoon Garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 5-6 leaves Fenugreek Leaves (Methi)
- 5-6 leaves chenopodium album (Bathua)
- 1 tea spoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1 Green Chilly
- 2 tea spoon Oil/Ghee
- 1 inch Cinnamon stick (Dal Chini)
- 1 Bay Leaf (Tej patta)
- 1 Large Cardamom (Badi Elaichi)
- 2 tea spoons Coriander powder (Dhania Powder)
- 1 tea spoon of Turmeric powder (Haldi Powder)
- 1 tea spoon of Chilly powder (Lal mirch Powder)
- 1 tea spoon Garam Masala
Boil the palak, methi and bathua. (One whistle should be enough). Allow the pressure to die and to cool it down a bit.
Drain excessive water and grind the boiled leaves to form a thick paste. Keep aside.
Heat the oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cardamom. Allow them to crackle.
Now add the onions, green chilly and garlic paste to it and fry them till onions turn golden brown.
Now add the masalas, coriander powder, garam masala, chilly powder, salt, turmeric powder and mix.
Now add the tomatoes and cook till the oil separated.
Then add Palak paste and bring to boil. You can add around half cup water.
Cover and cook for another 5 minutes or till you get a desired consistency.
Now add the paneer pieces and simmer for 5 mins.
- Top it with some Desi Ghee.
- Try it with hot chapatis or paranthas or Makai ke Roti.
Sending this recipe to: